EUROBIKE AWARD for the revolutionary multi-brand collaboration
After the success met by the BASIL COMMUTER CARRIER on Taipei Cycle Show earlier this year, it is no big surprise that this revolutionary concept was granted an Eurobike Award 2019 in the category “bike components”.
Developed in collaboration with other international experts in their fields: SPANNINGA, TRACEFY, MASSLOAD and MIK, the carrier was imagined for the fastest growing global target group: the demanding commuters, who consciously decide to purchase a bicycle for their commute.
According to the jury, “It’s all there: integrated rearlight with a broad radius, a wide range of settings so that the carrier can be adjusted to the size of the wheel and rider, more space for the feet, and the GPS module as anti-theft function. The judges were also impressed by the very attractive price for the entire package.”
It features countless innovations, among which:
- Basil Shock Absorbing Tube (BSAT©), a new way of hanging your bicycle bag on your carrier with adjustable tube creating more freedom for your heels and suspension reducing forces on your bicycle accessory
- Glow, an integrated high-visibility rearlight by Spanninga starring the groundbraking Contour Lighting Technology (CLT©), exclusive for MIK
- The innovative CLT© technology developed by Spanninga and inspired by automotive lighting comes as the next step in bicycle lighting technology and enabled a previously unattainable level of light diffusion for Glow. Extremely tight and precise, the rearlight strip design enhances the curved lines of the carrier for a unique combination.
- MIK, the fastest growing integrated system for luggage carriers
- MIK Smart Box by Tracefy (optional), making your bike “smart with the Tracefy IoT system
- A Spanninga mobile MIK-flashlight (optional)
Many brands have already chosen for the BASIL COMMUTER CARRIER and its options for their next season’s models.
Spanninga is a premium brand of bicycle lights and accessories. Founded in 1918 its vision has always been to focus on a strong link between technology and design. Extended research in new technologies and optics but also thorough study of the consumer users have led to exclusive products, thanks to which we gained the recognition and trust of our customers for more than hundred years. Originally a family-run business based in the Netherlands, Spanninga and its subsidiaries employ today approximately 200 people worldwide with production facilities in France as well as in South East Asia.