Think Of The Future, Think Of ELF’s Solar Powered Bicycle
When we think of the future, we tend to worry about the state of our planet. And rightly so! In the mobility industry, people are thinking of ways to make riding a certain vehicle safer, sustainable and good for the environment. One of these possible solutions to worldwide pollution is the ELF Solar powered bicycle by Organic Transit. In this article, we will have a look at the benefits and features of this bicycle.
Is it a bicycle or is it a car? That’s the question that’s frequently asked when talking about this innovation.The ELF is a solar and pedal hybrid tricycle which is powered both by the driver, as well as the sun. The ELF is manufactured in the United States by Organic Transit. It’s described as follows by Alternative Energy News: “The solar-charged electric motor does not power the vehicle, but rather “assists” your pedaling with a boost of power whenever you need it. The ELF can travel at speeds over 25 mph, and the motor is geared low enough to handle climbing hills with ease. The battery has a range of 16 miles with no pedaling, and 30 miles with pedaling. It takes about 2-3 hours to charge using a normal standard wall outlet. Obviously, solar charging times depend on the availability of sunlight. In direct sunlight, it can be completely recharged in about 8 hours.”
Features and benefits of the ELF
According to Organic Transit, there are many features and benefits regarding the ELF and we have listed them for you:
- 1,800 MPGE: The equivalent of gasoline expenditure in the average automobile.
- 30 MPH: the ELF can achieve 20 MPH with electric assist, and 30 MPH with pedaling.
- 2,5 hour recharge time: Plug up your ELF to a standard electrical outlet, and it will be fully charged in 2.5 hours and you are ready to go!
- 160 lbs total weight: The ELF is very light-weight and easy to manage.
- Up to 48-mile range: The ELF's electric motor can transport you up to 48 miles with no pedaling!
- 7 hour solar recharge time: Use the power of the Sun to fully recharge the ELF.
- 350-550 lbs payload: The ELF can carry you, and more than a dozen bags of groceries!
- 750-watt electric motor: The ELF’s powerful electric motor can power you to 20 MPH.
- Zero emissions: No carbon emissions, and complete independence from fossil fuels.
The ELF is a good alternative for a car. Many people want to drive an electric vehicle, but don’t find the usage of electronic bicycles comfortable. The ELF gives a solution to that because you are driving an electric vehicle, but you still have the feeling that you are driving a car. That could be very appealing to people in the future as well.
What do you think of the ELF? Would you purchase one and why would you do that? We at Bicle would love to know what your thoughts are on this. Leave a comment down below!